Saturday, March 25, 2023

Another Busy Week

The weekend is here! I didn’t do half of what I needed to do, but I did get groceries bought, did some meal prep, vacuumed, and of course, lots of work on quilting-related stuff.

I got the binding put on my March quilting UFO. I’m quite happy with it.

I’m even happy with the backing.
I like the backing so well I am thinking of ordering another bolt. There are 15 yards on the bolt (I think), and I can see myself using it for many projects. They had the same print with a pink background, but the pink is no longer available. I also got an email from my thread wholesaler saying thread is going up 9% due to raw material costs. Sigh. First batting, and now thread. 

Oh, I solved the dilemma I wrote about yesterday. I couldn’t decide if I wanted to order the book this quilt is in:

I found a used copy on Amazon for a little over $7.00. There’s another quilt in the book I would possibly make, so that’s not too bad. 

Today I need to get a quilt loaded on the frame, but first I will have to piece the backing. The lady brought me 5 yards of 45” wide fabric, and I didn’t notice it until yesterday. I will split it into two pieces and seam them together. 

Good news. I’m finally getting the hang of the zero-turn mower.

There is definitely a learning curve involved. I would have been embarrassed for anyone to see my first attempts which involved turning in circles both in forward and reverse. I was thinking of selling it and getting the regular lawn tractor like we used to have, but I have kept trying and am getting more competent. I have been using the push mower on the front yard, but the back yard is a little larger. Maybe I can get good enough on the zero turn to use it on the front, but not yet.

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt turned out very pretty and I LOVE the backing! Is it pieced? Good luck with that mower.
    On your last post I laughed out loud at "Lutheran and light meal are contradictory terms" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. The backing is not pieced--it's a 108" print that I bought a bolt of. Yes, we Lutherans like to eat. So many of the ladies in my church are really good cooks.

      Delete