Friday, March 24, 2023

What I’m Working On

I lost a day (Wednesday) because I wasn’t feeling well. I felt better by the evening and was able to help with the Lenten meal at church. 
We have the Wednesday services in the old chapel….it’s much smaller, but it’s quite pretty inside. Lots of hand carving, and the inscriptions on the stained glass panels are in German. We served tacos and chalupas for the meal. It’s supposed to be a light meal, but Lutheran and light meal are contradictory terms. 

Yesterday was quilt guild. There wasn’t a program since it was a 40-year anniversary celebration. I took pictures of two quilts I thought I might like to make.

These (among others) will be donated to graduating foster children. The second one is from the “On a Roll” jelly roll book. I thought I had that one, but I can’t seem to locate it, so maybe not. That presents a conflict; I feel I should order the book to make the quilt, but I certainly don’t need a pattern to make the quilt. It looks pretty straightforward. I guess I’ll think about it for a little while. By then I will most likely forget about the quilt.

I did finish the Umbrella Girl quilt and got it trimmed.

The backing is also pretty. It picks up all the colors from the front. 

I worked on a few other things, but am not quite finished. I also took in three more customer quilts so I will have plenty to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment