Sunday, March 26, 2023

Weekend Update

Yesterday was spent at my shop working on a customer quilt. It's another breast cancer one.
This one, like the last breast cancer one I did, is made by someone who is not a quilter. I don't believe she has ever made a quilt before. And you know what? it is nearly perfect as far as being square and even. 
The last breast cancer one I quilted was a different customer, but it was also someone who had not been quilting long, and it was also close to perfect. I wish my experienced quilters were more like this. Or maybe that would make my life boring. Some of the most prolific piecers bring me the most challenging quilts. I think it is because they crank them out so fast. Slowing down and taking your time does make a difference with accuracy. That is a good lesson for me as well.

After I finished quilting, I worked on my charity quilt, and I was determined to get finished with the piecing.
I'm sure you can tell I didn't measure those borders. I took the lazy way out and just sewed them on and then trimmed off the excess. I did use the differential feed on my sewing machine, but that may not have been enough. It looks like there is a little bit of fullness in that outer border. I may take it off and do it the right way, or I may load it on the machine and address it as I quilt. I have plenty of experience doing that. LOL. The best thing about this quilt is that it is free (so far) if you don't count my time. The seashell blocks were something I found in my stash, and the lavender was cut off backing from another quilt I did. The other good thing is that it was my March UFO for piecing. I don't know for sure when I will quilt it. 

I am still feeding the neighborhood cats at my shop. As far as I can tell, they live next door, but those people are often gone for weeks at a time. Anyway, one of them is getting friendly.
When I walked out the back door, he was waiting for me. There is a gray striped one also, but he is more skittish. I see him, but when he see me, he leaves before I can take his picture. 

So, today I am going to try and work on my Trip Around the Countryside. I tried to do some Friday night, but I think I was too tired, and I got totally confused. I'm sure I was too tired as I fell asleep later of the couch. I hope everyone is having a good weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment