Saturday, March 4, 2023

Retreat Gifts

 It’s time to pre-pay my quilt retreat/cruise that’s coming up in June, and I got to thinking about little gifts for the other retreaters. Do people still do that? I have t been on an actual retreat for about ten years. Seriously! I am out of practice!

I was thinking of several things, and then I had a brainstorm. I posted a free pattern in August 2021. Wrist key fobs! 


Fast and easy, and not too pricey; in other words, perfect. Perfect for a cruise too as you can get a hole punched in your sea pass card and keep it on the key chain. I made a prototype.o
I eyeballed the stitching and I’m not completely satisfied with it. I made a second one and changed the stitching……I like it better, but I forgot to take a picture.

After making these, I had a second brainstorm and order cotton webbing in black and gray.
I ordered a Kaffe ribbon pack some time ago and have been saving it for the right project.

It’s narrow enough to sew onto the webbing…..I’m going to try that next. 

If you’ve been on a retreat lately, leave a comment and let me know if everyone brought gifts, and what they were.

1 comment:

  1. Key fobs are a great idea - looking forward to seeing your final!

    ReplyDelete