Saturday, March 11, 2023

Shop Hopping

 

The shop hop was pretty low key for me this year. We went to Yorktown and Shiner on Thursday, and then Victoria and Ganado were on Friday. I opted not to go to Floresville as it is too far out of the way, and I have done enough driving this week. In the past, the shops have each had a different “featured” quilt, and you could purchase their kits. This year, there is only one pattern: Trip Around the Countryside by Moda. Each shop had bundles of three half-yard cuts, and you needed to buy one from each shop (five total) to make the quilt. Since I didn’t go to Floresville, I bought two bundles in Yorktown. Here are the ones I got Thursday: 
And the ones from Friday:

I ended up eliminating two of them because they didn’t work well with the others.

The hardest part was picking the bundles; each shop had several different combinations. They had all sent the other shops three half yards to piece their samples. Here are a few of the shop samples:



They were all so different. I think everyone who makes one will have a unique quilt depending on which bundles they chose and how they laid them out. I am hoping we will see some pictures of the finished customer quilts.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh that sounds like fun! Looks like you got some great bundles.

    ReplyDelete