Sunday, March 19, 2023

Another Finish

Oh my, the weather is so cold and rainy. We need the rain (a lot) so I'm trying to not complain about it. One good thing about this weather: it is a good incentive to stay inside and sew. I could be cleaning house, but oh well! I am beyond happy with the way my February UFO quilt turned out. It's called Marmalade Cake and the pattern is from the Dessert Roll book by Pam Lintott.

I got the binding on yesterday and immediately hung it up for a picture. I think the gold binding really ties it all together as it is the same as the inner border. I used a poinsettia quilt pattern in gold thread. It's a biggie--94" x 94". 

I also got the binding made for my March UFO quilt, but wasn't able to finish stitching it on. That will most likely have to wait until Monday or Tuesday.

No secret that I am partial to both string blocks and nine-patch blocks. This one is totally my style. I tried out a new quilting pattern that I had bought a few weeks ago.
I don't usually like a really dense pattern for my stuff, but I thought it was appropriate for this one considering all the seams. Some of my customers like a denser design, and I like to try out new ones on my own stuff--if possible. 

I got a little done on a customer quilt. The lady who did all the umbrella girl quilts brought me another one.

It's another big one. I think it's 104" x 114". It takes a little more time to get these big ones loaded, and then I didn't do much quilting on it as I was busy trying to put binding on my own quilts. There's always a trade-off and only so much time in the day.

Today is church, and I hope to feel like working on my shop hop quilt. Sometimes on Sunday afternoons, I end up just sitting on the couch with my feet up. That's okay too.

No comments:

Post a Comment