Friday, March 10, 2023

Friday…..Finally

 


It’s been a totally crazy week. I have barely had time to catch my breath. It started with a birthday party for my favorite nine-years old.


My mom is on the left. We took her out for a meal on Monday. It was her birthday—81, I think. 

On Tuesday, my church group hosted the Cade Middle School Kindness Club for some comforter tacking. They had contacted us and asked if they could help to earn service hours. It was so much fun, and they enjoyed it too. They have already asked if they can come back in May and help again. I think there were around 50 of them.

We showed them how to tie comforters with crochet thread.
And how to stuff the pillows and whip stitch them closed.
We also had snacks for them.
Those were a big hit. We had gotten together on Monday afternoon and set everything up, including making the lemonade, and putting individual portions of snacks into the small baggies. I know we all hear negative things about today’s kids, but they were so polite and cooperative. They thanked us and told us how much they enjoyed it. The sixth graders had a little trouble staying on task, but the seventh and eighth graders worked hard and finished up quite a few of the comforters. I thought I had a picture of the finished stacks, but I guess I lost it. 

Wednesday, I went to the eye doctor in Lake Jackson. That was an all-day trip. The highlight was this:

Oh how I miss Luby’s. I make it a point to go when I have to make a trip to Lake Jackson, but my trips are getting more and more infrequent.

Yesterday and today were/are the local quilt stores shop hop. I will do a post on that tomorrow (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment