Sunday, April 16, 2023

A Few Finishes

I finished the customer quilt I was working on, and it got picked up yesterday.
The lady made it from her son’s Air Force uniforms and some extra yardage, so it’s a type of memory quilt. It looks to be the Cheaper by the Dozen pattern, and she also made four pillow sham tops which I quilted but forgot to photograph. The back is a world atlas sort of print.
I think it is totally appropriate for the top. The quilting pattern is Stars Allover.

My April UFO is quilted and bound, so I can check that off my list.

I still need to work on the April piecing goal, and right now I don’t know when that will happen, or if it will happen.

Not quilting related, but I have been looking for the longest time for a dust mop. I haven’t been able to find one, but yesterday I went into Family Dollar for something, and look what I found!

I admit I am excited about this thing. I never thought I would be the type of person that could get excited over a $10 dust mop, but here we are. I even bought an extra cover for it so I will have a spare when one is in the wash. I like it so much, I am going to go back and get another one for my shop.

2 comments:

  1. How cool your client made a quilt from her son's Air Force uniforms! Well I guess I'm going to have to stop by the dollar store now - I had not thought about getting a dust mop. We always have random hairballs floating around the house - even the day after we vacuum - so that would be really handy. And I have all kinds of loose threads in my sewing room. Thanks for the suggestion. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome. Because I have a multi-dog house, the floors have to be cleaned often.

      Delete