Thursday, April 6, 2023

Everything Except Sewing

 That's not quite true.....I did get this very large quilt on the frame yesterday.

I had a hard time deciding on thread. I finally decided on a silver gray. It was the safe choice although not very exciting. 

Baseball season is in full swing (pun intended, haha). 

He looks so little out there on the mound, but he played well. He was awarded the game ball at the end of the game.
He was pretty happy about it! 

The movie about Abraham was good, but man it was slow. It was a full two hours and could probably have been about an hour. I found myself getting sleepy in some places. 

I belong to a Facebook group for the APQS sew alongs. The current one started in March, but I opted not to join in.

The quilt is on the cover of this issue, and participants are starting to post their finished tops. Some are even posting finished quilts. They are so pretty, and if you guessed that I caved and decided to do it, you would be right. I pulled out some fat quarters that should work, but I haven’t started cutting yet. I was hoping to get the borders on the Trip Around the Countryside quilt first, but I am struggling with how I want to do the borders. Also, I’m not completely sold on the border fabric I bought for it. I may have to just bite the bullet and figure out how to make it work.

I lost a lot of time yesterday dealing with garage doors. The one on the side where I park was messed up. The shaft on one of the wheels that rides inside the mounted tracks had popped loose, and that was allowing the door to flex quite a bit. All the flexing dented the door so much I’ve been reluctant to use it. The technician was able to get the wheel back in the track and get the dents somewhat straightened out, but it is still a little jerky going up and down. I think I’ll have to replace it at some point. He said the cost would be around $2000, and of course, I would have to pay someone to paint it to match the other one. I’m going to give myself a little time to think about it, but I’m pretty sure I know what I need to do. I just need to put some money aside for it. 


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the mighty baseball player! Good to know about the Abraham movie. We are watching The Chosen and love it, but there are parts of it that, probably because they are all using accents, we don't always understand what they are saying, so those parts kind of drag. We know we should use captions, but to me they are very distracting. What a dilemma - lol! I have also been eyeing that APQ quilt-along and still think I might do it - I love the quilt. Now that you've caved, I might give myself permission! Ugh on the garage door - I feel your pain. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Let me know if you decide to do the quilt along. I'm busy pulling fabrics and cutting. It won't be hard, but there are quite a few small pieces in each block.

      Delete
    2. I just downloaded the magazine and think I'll get started on it today!

      Delete