Saturday, April 8, 2023

Mindless Sewing

I made a reasonably good start on the APQ quilt along. I got all the A blocks made and started on the B blocks. I'll post pictures tomorrow. I also got Donna's quilt finished.

I was a little nervous about the thread she picked---it really stands out. She loves it, and that's what counts. She brought me another top like this one, except black where the gray is in this one. 

I haven't been in the mood to finish what I need to finish, so I did some of my mindless sewing blocks. That means I just pulled pieces out of the scrap bucket and started stitching them together.

By the end of the afternoon, I had a 15" block.
I call them my scrap vortex blocks, and I have a pretty good stack of them. I am planning on getting them into a quilt at some point, although they also make fun bags. I really like these blocks, although I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea. They clear my head and allow me to de-stress. The downside is that they made a BIG mess in the sewing room. There are scraps everywhere that I will need to pick up soon. Just as soon as I sew a few more. 

1 comment:

  1. Donna's quilt is cute, and your quilting looks really good (I zoomed in!) Good thing to have some mindless sewing to take the edge off - may be better than a glass of wine ;)

    ReplyDelete