Thursday, April 27, 2023

Decaffeinated

There hasn’t been much sewing going on here….lots of activities, but most didn’t involve a sewing machine. One of my crowns popped off on Sunday when I was eating a salad, but I luckily had an appointment scheduled for Monday morning for a cleaning and the dentist cemented the crown back on. Unfortunately, it seems the reason it popped off is because I wore a hole through the middle of it. I am going back next Monday to start the process of getting a new one made.

Tuesday I was at the hospital getting tests run on my heart. A CT scan, an echocardiogram, and a sonogram on my neck. Now I am going back on Friday to get a heart catheterization. None of this is anything I want to do. The worst part is that I can’t have caffeine before these tests. I have (had) a big ole caffeine addiction. I started weaning myself off caffeine a couple of weeks ago, and now I can do without it and not get a crashing headache. It’s amazing what you can do when you have to, but I do think the lack of caffeine is attributing to my inability to focus. 

I’ve been doing a little sewing in the evenings, mainly working on my APQ quilt along. I finally got the E and F blocks done.

I’m currently working on G. We’ll see how that goes. I feel like I’m making progress!

There was a little progress made on cutting the strips for one of the kits I want to take on my cruise. I’m assuming I can still go on the cruise—all this heart stuff I’m experiencing has me questioning everything. Anyway, I have all the color strips done, but I need 118 one-inch strips of the black.

I’m really glad I didn’t wait until the last minute to cut this one. I hope to get this one cut and maybe cut another one to take with me. 

Today is our quilt guild meeting. I was told we are supposed to bring our aprons for show and tell. That will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment