Sunday, April 30, 2023

Good Morning!

 

Well, my heart cath is over and done, and I had a cup of half-caff Saturday morning, and a Coke Zero at lunch. I’m not trying to over-do it, but I felt a celebration was in order. 

I ended up staying longer in the hospital than I had planned; I had to send my daughter back to my house to let the dogs out for a little while. Ruthie was upset that I wasn’t the one letting her out and refused to eat. Since I got home, she hasn’t let me out of her sight.

Saturday was spent on the couch watching TV—I wasn’t supposed to use my right hand for 24 hours. They inserted the camera through my right wrist. Anyway, it’s over now, and there’s no blockage and minimal plaque. The only issue is the anomalous left artery. The doctor is not sure if I will need surgery to correct it or not. I will find out on Wednesday, I guess. I’m thinking I’ve lived with it this many years with zero symptoms, but I will defer to what the experts decide. 

So no sewing was done Friday or Saturday, but I hope to make up for it today. Sitting around all day yesterday is totally out of character for me, and I’m anxious to get something done.

4 comments:

  1. I just read your decaff post and hurried here to see how things went - glad it is all over and hope it all works out with no surgery. Good luck with re-caffeinating yourself! I am a big caffeine fan too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Sometimes it's the little things that make us happy--like a nice strong cup of hot coffee.

      Delete
  2. So glad everything went well. I just had mine and it was 85% blocked so I needed a stent. Take it easy this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow-85%! I'm so glad you were able to get that fixed. Isn't it amazing what they can do now with a minimally invasive procedure?

      Delete