Sunday, April 23, 2023

Working on Everything, Finishing Nothing

I put a customer quilt on the frame yesterday, and it was small enough I should have had it finished, but I couldn't stay focused. I also worked on appliqueing some centers to my flower swap blocks.



I mainly stuck with the yellow centers, except on the yellow flowers; those had to have different centers.
I didn't quite finish them. There were two blocks I forgot at home. The blocks are 9", so it will take quite a few more to make a decent sized top. I will most likely use a wide sashing to help with the size. 

The Planters quilt is laid out and ready for assembly.

I never was able to get the lighting right on this picture—-it looks better in person, I think. I was hoping to get a few rows done, but I took a break to fix something to eat. 
It’s so hard to cook for one person. I buy a pound of ground sirloin and make four Pattie’s which I freeze. I can take out one and thaw it out pretty quickly, so I alternate between hamburgers and meat patties like the picture above. I also do the Tyson chicken patties in the air fryer. Well, it’s not like I’m going hungry, just need some new ideas. Four teen boys are getting confirmed today at church, and my group is doing the breakfast. Egg casseroles. I’m not too excited about that, but I made one. I also made two dozen cinnamon rolls. I think those will more popular with the boys. 😉

1 comment:

  1. Those flower blocks are pretty. That looks like a very tasty meal. We buy packages of ground beef and chicken breasts and fix them on the griddle and freeze them. I think it is hard to make less food, which is not good for our bellies!

    ReplyDelete