Thursday, July 6, 2023

A Few Finishes

I got busy yesterday and did some trimming of completed quilts. I have a tendency to put it off, and then do several at once. I know I have some customers who want to pick up their quilts this week, so I thought I'd better get it done. This one has one of the poufy polyester battings:

It's not something I usually use, but this particular customer has brought me that kind before, and it actually quilts up well. I have heard of some longarmers refusing to use it, but I'm not sure why that is. I generally use whatever they bring me.

This is an almost twin to one I pieced:

It's the Trip Around the Countryside from the last shop hop. Mine hasn't been quilted yet because I decided I want borders, and that is turning out to be a challenge. This lady didn't put borders, and it looks great without them, so I might need to rethink my original plan. 😕

This one is a panel. I quilted it with the Calm Waters design in a variegated green.

It will make a great quilt for someone who likes to fish.

I am pretty exited about this one:

The lady who did the fish panel also pieced this one and gave it to me to quilt and donate to charity. It is the right size for a QOV quilt, and I used the patriotic backing, but I keep thinking about how much a little boy would love this. It's made of super hero fabric.
So for now, I'm not sure where it will be donated. If I get any communications about QOV I will pass it one, but if not, it may go to Midcoast Family Services. I need to get busy and get a binding on it, and I have a few more donation tops I want to get quilted. I like to have some on hand that are done and ready to go.

1 comment:

  1. You've been busy, those quilts look lovely! Hope you are anticipating a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete