Tuesday, July 4, 2023

To-Do-List Tuesday 7-4-23

From my house to yours:

I hope yours is safe and enjoyable. Last year I had Quilt of Valor presentations to do on the fourth, and it was so hot I almost roasted, so I can’t say I am disappointed to have none to do this year.

As for my to-do list, it went reasonably well.

1) Get the APQ quilt sewn together. Yes, I did.

2) Work on Summer Scrap Challenge. Yes. I finished all the blocks I need to complete the nine rows. 


3) Sew two more Water Colors blocks. Not quite. Although I did quite a bit of cutting and marking, no more blocks are actually put together. 

4) And just for fun, do some charity sewing. I am counting this one as charity sewing since it will most likely get donated:

Here’s my current list of what I’d like to accomplish:

1) Figure out some borders for Scrappy Celebration and get them out on.
2) Get the Summer Scrap Challenge quilt put together.
3) Finish the Oklahoma quilt.
4) Two more Water Colors blocks.
5) Cut out a table runner.

We’ll see how it goes. There is a Shop Hop Thursday, Friday, and Saturday—they are actually calling it a Poker Run—that I am going to try and do. There are only three shops participating, but two of the shops are in towns on opposite sides of Victoria, so it will consume a day at least. I also have some customer commitments, but I am feeling optimistic. 

I’m linking this to Quilt Schmilt.

6 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July! Will you watch fireworks somewhere? Your APQ quilt looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! No fireworks for me--I need to be home with the dogs when there are fireworks around. I hope you have a great holiday!

      Delete
  2. I just love that aqua solid in your summer scrap blocks! The donation quilt looks fun and colorful, too. Enjoy the shop hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the APQ quilt! I have never done a QOV (though I make blocks for them for our guild). Now that my son is serving, I really hope to start making them soon. Time will fly and I'm sure I'll find myself with all of his fellow officers and friends to make them for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome--it's a great organization.

      Delete