Tuesday, July 18, 2023

To-Do-List Tuesday 7-18-23

I had posts written for Sunday and Monday, but they didn't get posted, and I don't know where I saved them--or if I saved them. Well, too late to worry about it now. It's Tuesday and time to see what happened with the weekly to-do list.

1) Get table runner sewn. Yes. It was a fun one to do and went pretty fast.

2) Make two Water Color blocks. Didn't happen. I sewed enough flying geese for several blocks, but they still need to be trimmed before I can start putting blocks together.
3) Figure out a border (or not) for Scrappy Celebration. No. I still haven't decided.
4) Find my insulbrite and make a couple of pot holders. I found it, but I still need to do some cutting and sewing.
5) Start on the Plan B quilt. Yes. This is where most of my spare time went. I got twelve of the A blocks pieced.

6) Quilt July UFO quilt. Done. I still need to trim it before I take pictures.

I guess that's not too bad as far as progress goes. I don't know how long it will take me to decide on the Scrappy Celebration borders. I keep thinking the right decision will come to me. We'll see. For this week, I have a few things to finish.

1) Trim and bind the July UFO quilt.
2) Make a couple of potholders. 
3) Two Water Color blocks.
4) Keep working on Plan B quilt.
5) Finish piecing the baby quilt someone gave me blocks for.
6) Finish piecing top with flower swap blocks.

That's probably more than enough. We are doing Vacation Bible School this week at church. We have it in the evenings, but I am cooking today, so I will have to be there early. I am going to go to Sam's later and get the stuff I need for the meal. Thursday is another trip to Lake Jackson for stepdad's doctor appointment, so that's two days with no sewing. Life happens as they say. 

Enjoy your week and happy sewing! I am linking to Quilt Schmilt.

7 comments:

  1. Pretty table runner - is that for you? How neat that VBS is in the evening. Looks like you did great with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I made it in colors that work for me, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it or give it away.

      Delete
  2. Life does have a way of getting in the way of our sewing plans! But every little bit counts towards progress. Sounds like you're close to a finish on your July UFO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made great strides in getting things accomplished. Family is important! Helping a VBS is important! The table runner is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And, yes, family and VBS have to take priority sometimes!

      Delete
  4. Love your color palettes!! Great runner, it's so cheery!

    ReplyDelete