Thursday, September 7, 2023

Happy Thursday

I think I've been in a slump. I haven't been wanting to to do much of anything. I have blamed it on the heat, the new blood pressure medicine, age, you name it. Yesterday, I made myself get moving and get some things done. I finished the quilting on two customer quilts and got them trimmed and photographed.


These will get delivered Friday when I go to Yorktown for the shop hop. I also (finally) finished the binding on two other customer quilts.

I really put this off for too long, but now it's done. I have two more to quilt and bind for the same lady and I hope to get one loaded today. 

I started sewing this one together:

I'm still not quite finished, and it will still need a border of some type. I like the one Betty did on her version, but I can't quite decide if I want to put that much effort into it. I want to start another one with some pioneer woman fabrics I have. I think I have 4 or 5 fat quarter bundles that I never used, and this would be a good project for them.

Other than that, volleyball has started.


My girl is #2. They lost one game on Friday; everything else has been a win, so it looks like a good season. I noticed there are a lot of out-of-town games, so I will be missing out on those unless they are close. I know grandson has started soccer practice, but I haven't been notified of any games yet. Those are played outdoors, and I don't know how enjoyable that will be. There hasn't been any relief from this awful heat. 

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. This is indeed the doldrums of summer and I'm feeling miserable also, had the flu or something 2 weeks ago and have been slow to recover, mentally and physically. Not much sewing, which is the worst part. Hope you feel sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, and I hope you are feeling well enough to sew soon.

      Delete