Saturday, September 30, 2023

One Goal Done

When I did the Tuesday To-Do List, I had said I wanted at least five customer quilts done and out the door. I have been keeping my nose to the grindstone (or in this case, the longarm), and I have six finished. Four were picked up yesterday, and I am delivering two of them today.

These are Hilda's:

You can really see the quilting on these. She is one of those ladies that likes the really poufy poly batting. Not my favorite to quilt, but I can make it work. 



Like so many of us, Hilda is on a mission to use her stash and get some things finished. The top picture has baby pictures of a nephew who is now 23 years old, so it's never too late to get the tops out and get them quilted so they can be passed on to where ever they need to go. She is going out of state to visit family and wanted to take some of these to give away. Hopefully, she had time to get the binding on everything before she left.

These two are just alike (almost):

Donna mailed these to me from New Mexico where she was vacationing. She also sent me a picture of the pattern which showed how they were quilted. I couldn't quite duplicate the quilting design, but I came up with a close facsimile.
I think these turned out super cute! I am meeting her for lunch today, and then these two will also be out of the shop. 

I pretty much know what I need to work on this morning. I have two more finished that I need to bind, and I have another largish one I need to get loaded on the frame. I am trying really hard to get caught up--I have some charity tops I really want to work on, and another lady brought me some old blocks she wants made into a quilt. 

2 comments:

  1. You are fast! Such pretty quilting. I'll be interested to see the old blocks made into a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to remember to post a picture of them!

      Delete