Friday, September 29, 2023

Turkey Chili

I haven’t posted a recipe in a while! This is not traditional Texas-style chili, but it’s good! I had a package of HEB turkey chili in the freezer that I decided I needed to use, so I thawed it out with no clue what I was going to do with it. I had canned tomatoes, and a yellow bell pepper I wanted to use, so I decided on chili.


The best part? It’s low fat and weight watcher friendly. I calculated it to be about 3 points for a fairly generous serving. Maybe even lower considering the fiber in the beans.

Here’s what I used:
1 tube of turkey sausage 
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Rotel tomatoes 
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped 
1 heaping tbsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano 
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper 
1 tsp canola oil

I cooked the onion and bell pepper in the canola oil and then added the turkey and browned it. Once the turkey was done, I dumped everything else in, brought it to a boil, then decreased the heat and let it simmer for about 30 minutes. Super easy, and pretty tasty. It made about 7 servings. I froze half of it to enjoy later.

If you make it, let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I'm saving this. I'm almost out of my "2-point" soup, so this will be on my menu - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete