Wednesday, September 13, 2023

What I’m Working On

 


Once again, my to-do list lost the battle. I was too tempted by the layer cake I bought on the shop hop.
I was looking for a pattern that didn’t use small pieces as I did t want to cut up the big floral prints too much. I settled on this one:
I’ve made it before and it’s easy. I used a Lori Holt fabric for the sashing. 
I will also use it for the binding….at least that’s the plan for now. I bought several yards of it when it came out as I like the bias check print for binding. Anyway, this is as far as I have gotten.

No sewing yesterday. I’m on the nominating committee for the quilt guild, and it’s hard to get people to take on an officer position. Especially, no one wants the president position. We finally found someone who accepted, and I think she has the ability to do a good job. After that, I zoomed over to the church for our luncheon and WELCA meeting. We had a guest speaker so we were there for a few hours. It was a full day. Today, I am helping serve at the Symphony League fall fashion show and luncheon. I will be ready for a day off. LOL.

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty start on your quilt! Did anyone bring a casserole to your salad luncheon - lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, lol, but I saw two plates of sandwiches! In fact, I ate half of a ham salad one, and it was good.

      Delete
  2. That looks like a fun simple quilt. Those are my style right now for charity quilts and gifts.

    ReplyDelete