Monday, September 18, 2023

Weekend Update

The weekend came and went pretty fast. I’m happy to say I had quite a bit of time to sew. I got the binding put on the A&M quilt I am donating to the church auction, but I forgot to take a picture. I’ll get one today. I got all the blocks sewn for this one:
I started sewing the blocks together last night and hope to finish this morning. This is the pattern I’ve been using lately for the donation quilts. I also got another one cut out using this pattern but different fabrics. They don’t take long to sew. 

I got a couple of potholders done.
I still need to finish the topstitching. That won’t take long, but I put it off because I knew I would have to change the thread color on the machine. 

Today is Bill’s birthday. I had flowers put on the alter at church in memory of him.
White roses and mums with purple filler. I’m not a big fan of the color purple, but Bill liked that color a lot. I’ve been sad, but I’m functional, so that’s good enough. I don’t think the pain ever goes away, but it does get bearable. 

Oh, heres my new Tutto tote. It’s the one Janice won in the Summer Scrap Challenge and traded to me for some longarming. It’s the large size.
I really did want to win it, but it all worked out, so we are both happy.

2 comments:

  1. The flowers are lovely. That's the same thing Mom said after Daddy died - the pain never goes away but it gets bearable. I think you've done remarkably well.
    Your tote is great - how nice it worked out so nicely for both of you!

    ReplyDelete