Saturday, December 2, 2023

December Already?


I looked at my phone yesterday, and it said 12/1. I think I did a double take. I'm not ready yet! Ready or not, it's here. I need to start working on sales tax stuff--technically, I can't finish it until the year is over, but I don't think I will have any customer stuff for the rest of the year once I get a couple of pending things done. I can always get started and then just modify the totals to capture any late invoices. 

I did get Susan's quilt finished and she picked it up yesterday.
I don't know how the colors show up on the monitor, but it's navy blue and cheddar. Under the lights over the longarm, it looked very purple, but it's not. I used medium gray thread on it. That seemed like the safest choice. Look at this beautiful quilt design:
It's called "Summer Feathers". It probably shows better on the back.

I got the borders put on two donation quilts—finally. The quilts have been done for a while, but I didn’t have enough fabric left for the borders. That’s been an ongoing problem with using the JoAnn’s fabric for the three-yard quilts. They are really skimpy with their cutting, and there’s not more than 40” on the width.


I had to get creative with what I had left. I think it looks okay.

More importantly, they are done, and I can move them to the “to be quilted” stack. 

I worked last night on cutting out some kits from the new Villa Rosa patterns I ordered. I don’t know when I’ll get to work on them, but I like to have some things cut and ready to go. When I finished cutting, I went back to the couch and found these two sharing one dog bed.
Ryder (right) and Reba (left), aka Pete and Repeat or Thing One and Thing Two. They are worth their weight in entertainment value. I keep reminding myself of that when I am out in the yard picking up dog poo. Like most Jagdterriers, they are a handful. You can see from the picture, Reba has lost her rabies tag and her microchip tag. They are rough little dogs.

1 comment:

  1. Your quilting looks so nice! That cheddar/blue quilt is really pretty. LOL on your pups - they are cuties. Picking up dog poo is just a fact of life, right? Would you believe our Littles (ages 4 and 7) love to help Papaw when he picks up poo? They like to find it and lead him to it. What fun they have at our house - lol!

    ReplyDelete