Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Busy Work

Not too much going on here for a change. We’ve had some cool weather so I moved some plants inside. 

This Christmas cactus is looking good, but it doesn’t like the cold weather, so we’ll see how it does indoors. Last year it didn’t bloom until after the new year, and this year it started blooming the first week in December. I need to figure out what to fertilize it with. If you know, leave a comment and let me know.

Speaking of Christmas, we decorated the tree in the church sanctuary today.

We’ve switched to a smaller tree, and I’m not sure I like it as well as the great big one we had, but it is certainly easier to reach the top branches.
We are able to use a step ladder instead of the big ladder we had to use in the past.

Here’s a picture from last year for comparison:

After all the tree decorating, I went to my shop and sewed together several pieces of leftover batting to make a big frankenbatting for two charity quilts. Getting them quilted will be the goal for tomorrow. I fed my orange kitty while I was there.

I sent my daughter (who has a strong partiality to orange kitties) the picture, and she sent this back.
I guess he does look like Morris.

3 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet orange kitty! Does he belong to someone? I did the Frankenbatting thing yesterday too, trying to hastily throw together a little Christmas play quilt for The Littles to use for Christmas. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think he belongs to anyone. He seems to be living under the storage building behind my shop. He's semi-feral, so I don't think he's anyone's pet. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week too!

      Delete
    2. That's how we got our latest kitty! He lived with a sibling (I think) for a year under our shed until we got our dogs. Then we didn't see him for the longest time. He showed up a few months ago in the front yard, and I started leaving food out on our front porch. It has been a long process, he was terrified of me at first, but he gradually warmed up to me and is inside now. He is trying so hard to adjust to 4 other cats, and I am so relieved that he is inside. It's a good thing I don't live close to you, or Orange Kitty would be my next project (crazy cat lady!)

      Delete