Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Vintage Quilt

 As promised, here's the picture of the vintage top I quilted last week:

It's super wonky, but that's no surprise. The top itself was really bumpy and wavy. At least it's a quilt now, and the great fabrics will be preserved.

It still needs binding, and I'm thinking of navy. We'll see.

I got the quilting finished on the blue quilt, and that was one of my weekly goals, so I'm glad to get it done.

When I finish this post, I need to go into the sewing room and get the binding cut.

I got a late start yesterday because I was trying to finish up the baking and get trays delivered.

I'm embarrassed to say I sampled everything I baked. I really didn't need to eat that many sweets, but I had to make sure they tasted okay before I delivered them. LOL! I tried to do a course correction for lunch.
Of course, it would have been healthier without the ranch, but the veggies are so much better dipped in ranch.

2 comments:

  1. The vintage quilt looks so pretty, and how satisfying it must have been to work on it. Your cookie tray looks delicious! I can already feel pounds creeping on, but I'll just postpone the diet until after New Year's Eve! Wishing you a happy holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used a poufy batting, so the quilt has a lot of texture, but it will never be square, or even flat for that matter.

      Delete