Sunday, December 24, 2023

Seeing Stars

I had a little extra time yesterday to sew. I went by the mall in the morning--I thought it would be super crowded--the Saturday before Christmas, and all, but it really wasn't. I don't know if everyone has already finished their shopping, or if everyone is feeling the effects of the not-so-great economy. 

In the afternoon, I decided I might as well work on the pre-work for the sweatshirt jacket we are doing at the quilt guild workshop in January.

We need to make 6 of the big stars and 24 of the small stars (more if we use them for the centers of the big ones). I had already pulled some fat quarters I wanted to use. OMG. It took me forever to cut and sew one star.

I worked for three hours, and this is all I got done:

I am so glad I didn't wait until the last minute like I sometimes do. Still, I am going to have to figure out how to make this go faster. Maybe if I can get a bunch of the little ones cut out before I sit down to sew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment