Friday, March 8, 2024

A Little Progress

Not too much going on here this week. I have been busy with doctors appointments this week, both my gp and the cardiologist. Wednesday evening I cooked at church; we only had around 40 people show up to eat, but we had cooked enough for 50 so there was plenty of food. I forgot to take a picture, but it was pulled pork tacos. 

I spent a lot of time one day studying this quilt pattern.

I am interested in using the sashing design for some of the 12” sampler blocks I have accumulated over the years. I know I have quite a few stashed away somewhere. I think this particular sashing would add a lot of cohesiveness to the blocks.  
It's a really pretty quilt....the size is 67" x 84", but of course, the wide borders account for a lot of the size. 

I had done a similar setting in the past with 12" sampler blocks, but I used pinwheels in the sashing.

Can you believe I did this about 10 years ago, and it's still not quilted? It's sitting on the shelf in the "to be quilted" stack, but something else has always taken priority. Maybe this is my wake up call to get it done! 

2 comments:

  1. Your church dinner sounds fun. I used to cater for our Wednesday night dinners, and I miss it! Love that quilt, and yes I can believe it isn't quilted - I have a couple of those lurking in my closet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. I always wanted to own a catering business, but instead I just do it for friends and family.

      Delete