Thursday, August 17, 2023

More Potholders!

I was trying to get through with making pot holders after Betty gifted me 15 that she had made in an effort to use up her scraps, and I made two more just to use up what I already cut out. The quilt guild is busy making small things to sell at our September quilt show, and yesterday we had a sew day with a pot holder demo. One of the ladies had already cut out a lot of hexagons from cotton and insulbrite. Here's what a finished one looks like: 
I picked the fabrics for the front to coordinate with the back before I realized they both don't show at the same time.

I have three more cut out that I need to get done this week so I can turn them in next week at our guild meeting. 

If you are interested in making one, here is a tutorial that shows the process. They are quick, and they turn out nice and thick with only one layer of insulbrite. Besides insulbrite, you need a hexagon template. Leave me a note and let me know if you make one (or more). 

No comments:

Post a Comment