Tuesday, August 1, 2023

T0-Do-List Tuesday 8-1-23

It's already August! And, it's Tuesday, so time for new monthly goals and a new weekly to-do list. Here's the progress from last week:

1) Bind the three table runners I quilted. Done.

2) Finish two pot holders. If I don't need them, I can donate them to the Sampler Store at the September quilt show. One done. The other is cut out and laying beside the sewing machine.

3) Two Water Color Blocks. Yes, I want to keep trying to make some progress on this one. Done. Yay! Can you believe it? These magenta-colored ones are so pretty!

4) Keep cutting up strips and squares for a couple of future quilt projects. Done. I have a few 10" squares, a bunch of 5" squares, and 1-1/2", 2", and 2-1/2" strips. I think I am winding down on this one. 

5) Finish piecing the baby quilt once I get the block sizes all the same. Halfway done. I just need a little time, and it will get finished.

6) Finish piecing top with flower swap blocks. Done. 

7) Bind July UFO quilt. No, I got the binding made, but not put on.

What's on the list for this week? I know I will be busy with customer quilts, but that won't stop me from making a long list of my own. Whether or not it all gets done is another story. This is what I would like to do:

1) Two more Water Color blocks.
2) Bind July UFO quilt.
3) Finish piecing baby quilt.
4) Start a charm square project. The book Just One Charm Pack Quilts is due back at the library next week, so I need to at least get started on one before I turn it in.
5) Put a border on Oklahoma quilt. 

Oh, some other things may find their way on the list, but for now, it's enough. I am linking this post to Quilt Schmilt. Happy sewing!

7 comments:

  1. You did great on your To Do list. Love the magenta blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those magenta blocks are really pretty and I’m not usually a fan of magenta! But I like those! Good luck on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you chewed right through your list. Is that your method for dealing with scraps? I started doing a similar thing several years ago but I just really haven't used them yet. Do you have plans for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I have several projects picked out that use the strips. I also have patterns for charm squares so those will get used soon too, or at least some of them will. A few years ago, I cut a whole bunch of 2.5" and 2" squares, and I have made several quilts from those.

      Delete
  4. You have lots of pretty projects going on! I always have good intentions of cutting up my scraps into usable sizes, but never quite get around to it. Looks like you've got a good system!

    ReplyDelete