Saturday, August 12, 2023

Moving Along

I have been quilting yardage to cut into table runner/placemat combinations. They don't take long to quilt, but I seriously underestimated the time required to put the binding on the separate pieces. I got this set done:
I think they're pretty cute, but I still have three more sets to bind! Hahaha....might as well laugh about it as I do it to myself. 

I also got borders put on the Oklahoma quilt. The pattern doesn't show it with borders.


This is what mine looked like before--without the borders. It’s not quite big enough to suit my purpose.

It took some looking to find a yard of coordinating fabric I could use for the border, but I finally did locate some at a price I was willing to pay. Here’s what it looks like with two borders added:
The picture is a little messy, but I really like the borders. It looks so much more finished. And, it’s 15” bigger. 

Three of the grandkids went back to school. Not sure about the fourth one. Nobody tells me much—I think I am on a need-to-know basis. Here are the obligatory pictures of my little darlings.

William with his new teacher.

Roger

Kathryn
Time is flying by. The oldest is driving, and the babies are no longer babies. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you hand stitch your bindings? I like the Oklahoma quilt, and your borders look great. I wonder why it's called the Oklahoma quilt. Your grand"babies" are beautiful! Is it just me or do teachers look like teenagers nowadays? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not hand stitch bindings on anything that is getting donated. The machine stitching is faster and probably more durable. I'm not sure where those Villa Rosa designers get their quilt names--I saw one yesterday called "Pots and Pans" They seem to be pretty random. Thanks for the compliment on the kids, and I'm pretty sure everyone under the age of 30 looks like a teenager to most of us!

      Delete