Tuesday, August 15, 2023

To-Do-List Tuesday 8-15-23

As I typed the title, I realized it’s already the middle of the month! I’ll be glad to see August gone as the hot and dry weather has long ago worn out it’s welcome. I didn’t get much time at the sewing machine, but I did manage to get a little bit done on my list.

1) Put borders on Oklahoma quilt. Done.


2) Finish charm square quilt and work on another one. Not quite. I got the top together, but the borders haven’t been done yet.

3) Two more Water Color blocks. Done.

4) Finish piecing baby quilt. No. I wasn’t able to work on it at all.

I’m feeling more optimistic about this week, but I’m not sure why. I have things to do several days, and I’ll be out of town Monday. I got my income tax dropped off yesterday, and I think not having that hanging over my head like a black cloud has made me optimistic. Here’s my list:

1) Quilt and bind an A&M quilt for the church auction.
2) Finish piecing baby quilt.
3) Make some more placemats and table runners.
4) Two more Water Color blocks.
5) Progress on charm pack quilts.
6) Projects for quilt show Sampler Store and silent auction.

It would be so good to get some traction on things I need to make for the quilt show and the church festival. I always run out of time and don’t get as much made as i had hoped for. Maybe I can get ahead start on it. I am linking this post to Quilt Schmilt. Happy sewing!

4 comments:

  1. I really like the grays (at least I think they are gray) in your quilts. The Oklahoma quilt is beautiful, and I love the pattern on the charm quilt. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Yes, I'm on a gray kick lately.

      Delete
  2. I hadn't even thought of using gray until another quilter on one of our trips suggested it for the quilt I was currently working on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using it a lot. I think it makes a nice neutral--not as harsh as black, but more color than white.

      Delete