Monday, August 28, 2023

Weekend Update

To be honest, not much got done on Sunday. At least, not much sewing. I did a little before church, but after church, it was lunch and a movie, and I was pretty unmotivated all afternoon. I had high hopes of working on a new quilt I started.
Someone gifted me several sets of five fat quarters, and this pattern takes 10 fat quarters. I am using two identical sets, so there’s not much variety, but that’s okay with me. Here’s the two rows I got laid out:
The blocks are so easy, and I only have 10 or so to do, but I just didn’t feel like it. This picture shows the colors better, I think.
I need to get more of the sage colored polka dot for binding. The size is something like 60” x 72”, so I don’t really need a border.

Speaking of borders, I got them added to this one on Saturday.
I have the same fabric as the border is a purple color that I can use for the back as soon as I get around to quilting it.
I was happy to get the borders done. The centers and the inner border are a dark purple solid. I know it kind of looks navy in the picture.

One thing I wasn’t happy about….I need to do some binding for a customer. I do the binding by machine. It’s a 1/4” seam to attach it to the back, and then I pull it over to the front and topstitch it down. In order to hide the seam, I have to fold it over about 3/8”. 
Ugh….I am chopping off all the points! I will have to take it off and figure out something else. I don’t want to do it by hand, but who knows? It needs to look good.

I have three more customer quilts I need to trim and photograph, but it didn’t get done yet. Maybe today after my doctor appointment. At least, that’s what I’m hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment