Thursday, January 11, 2024

Cleaning and Organizing

So, this has been going on for the last week--I had managed to cover pretty much every flat surface at my shop, as well as create a few piles on the floors and the chairs. The little table in the kitchen:

This was after I had cleaned out the pile of boxes on the floor. Those got cut up and put in the recycle can. Here's what it looks like now:

And, this is what I'm working on now:

This is the room where the longarm is. This is the corner where things accumulate. Another big, fat mess. I'll get it done soon enough, but I had to quit and get a quilt loaded. 
The quilting took the rest of the afternoon. Once it was done, I worked on this panel.
It could be finished, but I’m thinking about adding another black border…..it finished at 49” x 68”, and it needs to be 50” x 70” if I stick with my plan of donating it to the foster teen program. Of course, the quilting reduces the size a little more, so I would like it to be a little bigger, but not too big. Hmmm. I guess I’ll see how I feel about it tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the cleanup. Those are beautiful quilts on your wall! My longarm table is full of projects right now - sheesh. I don't believe we bought the longarm for storage - lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Kind of like a treadmill--mine was a clothes rack!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations for your progress cleaning up. I wish I had the discipline to clean up between each quilt. I tend to let it pile up until my sewing room is nearly unusable.

    ReplyDelete