Monday, January 15, 2024

Some Weekend Progress

I had set a goal to get three customer quilts done, and I have actually done five. Two were shown in the last post, and the next three are here.




They belong to one of the customers that likes the poufy polyester batting. That’s why there is so much texture on these. It’s not my preference, and I don’t keep that  kind of batting in stock. The ladies who like it generally bring it in a bag with a Hobby Lobby price tag on it, so I know they have it in stock.

The third quilt is 20” x 25”, so pretty small. Many quilters around here charge a minimum price for the small ones. Their reasoning is that it still takes time to load everything on the frame, and you need to charge enough to compensate for your time. I don’t do that—the first quilt this lady ever brought me was a table runner, and I charged her my regular rate. Since then, she has brought in quite a few regular sized quilts, and she has given me some tops for my charity quilting. 

The other thing I worked on was quilting the Oklahoma quilt I pieced a few months ago.

I was trying to find a perfect binding for it and couldn’t, but I found something that will work. I want to donate this one to Day One or Project Graduation, or whatever they are calling it now. It’s the organization that gives a quilt to the foster kids who graduate from high school. I had committed to do one, possibly two, and this one meets the size requirements and will fulfill my commitment.

Other than that, I’m trying to enjoy the cold weather. I normally don’t like it, but it’s a nice break from our usual hot temperatures, so I intend to try and enjoy it while it lasts. The dogs are wearing their sweaters.


2 comments:

  1. The Oklahoma quilt is really pretty, someone will treasure it. Those dog sweaters - lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Yeah, the dog sweaters are pretty funny. Ruthie's makes her butt look big. LOL

      Delete