Tuesday, January 23, 2024

To-Do-List Tuesday 1-23-24

What a week! The cold weather is gone, and the monsoon season has started. Three inches of rain yesterday, and who knows how much today and the rest of the week. My dogs have cabin fever, and so do I. The weather is good for sewing, and not much else. Here’s last week’s list:

1) Find a border for New Zealand quilt. Yes, and I got it sewn on.


2) Finish piecing stars for guild workshop. Well, I’m working on it. Still. 
I think I need 24 of the small ones, and I have 20 done. Then, I need to make six of the large ones. I still have a few days to finish.
3) Get scrap vortex blocks sewn into a top. No. I had a change of plans. I think I want to do a border of six-inch scrap vortex blocks.
4) January RSC blocks. No. I have them cut out and sitting by the sewing machine. I just need a little sewing time.
Edited to add: 5) Bind Oklahoma quilt. Yes. 

So, I didn’t get everything done, but it’s enough. What’s next? I don’t really have a clear plan of what I want to work on this week, so I’ll just take a stab at it.

1) Work on 6” scrap vortex blocks.
2) January RSC blocks.
3) Finish the Star blocks for Beachcomber jacket.
4) Finish piecing The Lady quilt top.
5) Get donation quilts photographed.

That’s all for now. I'm linking this to Quilt Schmilt. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!



8 comments:

  1. I love that Oklahoma quilt! Looks like south Texas has a chance for thunderstorms today - stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Yes, rain and more rain all week.

      Delete
  2. I went all the way back to look at your BOM for A Quilting Life, love it and the fabric you have chosen. I have to think about the outer star, whether I'll have it different or the same each month. I think your border enhances your NZ quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am going to use four different colors for the outer stars--at least that's my plan as of now.

      Delete
  3. Lovely projects! I'm wanting our snow back but looks like we'll have rain here as well. Ah well, rainy days = quilty days so might as well enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You managed to achieve quite a lot in one week. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete