Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Sew Day

 Is it a snow day or a sew day? 

It’s definitely cold enough for snow, but thank goodness, we haven’t had any. I just stay indoors all day and sew. I had plans for cleaning my house, but I never got motivated to do more than vacuum and clean the kitchen. I actually cleaned the kitchen several times because I also did quite a bit of cooking. I baked cornbread and cookies, and yesterday, I made a big pot of chili. Supper was a baked potato with chili and cheese on it.

The weather is not good for my waistline, but it is good for sewing. I have been wanting to start one of the Villa Rosa patterns—either this one

or this one
The first one takes a layer cake, and the second one takes a jelly roll. I made myself postpone starting anything new until I finished piecing New Zealand. Well, I finished Monday, so…..
I’ve made The Lady a couple of times before, and I know it’s fast, so I made my strip sets Monday night and subcut them Tuesday morning. I used a Jason Yenter jelly roll I had here at the house with some gray background fabric.


 I will work on the Harmony pattern after I get this one together. Today I am heading to Corpus, and I hope to find something I can use to border the New Zealand quilt.

4 comments:

  1. Baked potato with chili and cheese - yum! You've just given me an idea for dinner. ;) New Zealand looks bright and pretty - good luck finding a border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! The potato was good, and I did find a border for my New Zealand quilt.

      Delete
  2. You can tell you’re a Texan when cold weather brings out the chili and cornbread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammie, you are right about that! Thanks for leaving a comment.

      Delete