Tuesday, January 9, 2024

To-Do List Tuesday 1-9-23

Happy Tuesday everyone. I have been as busy as I wanted to be, but I also took time last week for R&R, so all in all, it was a good balance. I have a lot to work on, but first, here's how I did on last week's list.

1) Finish Jubilee quilt. Check. Well, I finished the top. I still need to quilt it.

2) Finish scrap vortex blocks. Yes!

3) Figure out what I want to do with the 2024 RSC. Yes. The January color is green, and I am going to get some blocks pieced.
4) Figure out what to do about the 2024 Scrap Buster Challenge. The 2024 pattern is a triple Irish chain, but I would like to work on the 2023 blocks until I get enough for a decent-sized top. Yes. Ultimately, I will use the 2024 RSC prompts for my 2023 Scrap Buster blocks. I said the 2024 block was a triple Irish chain, but it’s actually a double Irish chain. I think I can do the 2024 block as a leader and ender quilt, which makes it doable.
5) Get back to customer quilts. The vacation is over and I need to do at least three.  
Not quite, and people continue to drop off more. I will have to do better on this.

Well, progress is good, and I’m happy with what I got done, even if it wasn’t 100%. I know what I need to get done this week.

1) Figure out a setting for scrap vortex blocks.
2) Finish three customer quilts.
3) Work on quilt blocks for the out-going guild president.
4) Work on star blocks for the January guild workshop.
5) January RSC blocks.
6) 2024 stash buster blocks.
7) Finish piecing New Zealand top.
8) Finish piecing Fiesta Horses top.

Okay, that's more than enough.....a couple of these won't take too long to finish, so it's not as bad as it looks. I'm linking this to Quilt Schmilt

7 comments:

  1. Jubilee quilt is pretty! Good luck on your list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Scrap Vortex blocks! I did something similar for RSC using Bea Lee's Hexie pattern. I hope to get back to RSC -- I started too many projects my first time out and would like to get some of them finished. You have a full and interesting plate of things to work on and a great start to your quilty year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RSC is continually a challenge for me too. I start out really motivated, and fizzle out before the year ends. Thanks for leaving a comment!

      Delete
  3. Glad you've found that balance between busy and relax! I'm still working on it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, not sure if I've found it, or just lucked into it last week.

      Delete
  4. Carolyn your Jubilee quilt and Vortex blocks are pretty. Good job on working out a balance. Thank you for linking with TDT and I hope you had another good week.

    ReplyDelete