Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Mid-Week Progress

 Oh my! I was like a woman possessed today trying to get as much done as I could.


I did get one of the charity quilts quilted, but I didn’t even take it off the frame. Maybe tomorrow. I am trying to figure out how to quilt two at once. I can use the 108” backing, but the batting is limiting me. I will have to to take some time and piece some together. I mostly cut and sewed today. I got one top done.

The picture may not show it well, but the white squares are baseball laces. I’m happy with it. I have been challenging myself to use some of the “ugly” fabrics from the guild…..I paired this one with a purple and a yellow and I think it will work:


The one on bottom is the one from the guild. I am using the three-yard patterns, and I got half of the blocks done.


The other half are shoo fly blocks, and I got part of them cut out. My rotary blade felt dull so I didn’t finish. I will find a new blade tomorrow before I continue. 

The heat is horrible here; I pray daily for rain. In the meantime, I am trying to water enough to keep my plants alive, but I think it may be too late for some of them. I try to keep the birdbaths full as well as the bugs and the butterflies need water as well as the birds. I looked out the window today and saw a grackle enjoying a drink.


The grackles are totally annoying, but I don’t begrudge them the water. The grass is still fairly green from the rain we had week before last, but it is starting to get really dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment