Friday, July 15, 2022

Rain!

We finally got some rain—not a lot, but any is welcome. I was at my shop all day, and this was my view driving home.


It has already cleared up, but maybe we will get some more tonight.

I got a lot of sewing and quilting done today. Yesterday was kind of a bust—I was distracted all day and kept misplacing things then wondering around in circles looking for what I lost. I ended up joining Bill in the pool around 3pm. I think I just needed some downtime, because I was back at it this morning. The guild president asked me if I would longarm a couple of her donation quilts. She is willing to trade for binding, so that is a good deal for me. I am counting hers as part of my quilting goal, and here is the first one:


Unfortunately, she didn’t have much extra on the backing, and I had to sew some to the bottom and sides so I would have enough to attach my clamps. 


I am still challenging myself to use the leftover fabrics. This orange one is from 1998.


It’s past time for it to go into a quilt. The fish one didn’t have a date, but I’ve never heard of this company, so I am thinking it is old also.


I bought pink and purple to coordinate with this floral, but today I figured out there is no purple in it. 


I have some yellow that I could use instead of the purple.

Is the pink okay with the yellow? If you want to leave a comment and let me know which looks best, I am open to opinions. 

The good news is, I got the orange one completed pieced, the fish are cut out and partially pieced, and the blue one is quilted and off the frame. My challenge for tomorrow is to figure out if I can load two quilts on the frame at once and quilt them simultaneously. I’ve done it with placemats, but we’ll see.


4 comments:

  1. It may not have purple in the fabric, but I love the purple with it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I am having trouble deciding.

      Delete
  2. Purple is good, orange would be cute also, believe it or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have never thought of orange! I will probably use the purple.

      Delete