Sunday, July 10, 2022

One Goal Done

 I got both of my customer quilts quilted, trimmed, and delivered. One was a quilt from the April shop hop. I bought the same kit, but mine isn’t quilted yet. LOL.


I used the Dancing Butterflies pattern.

I’ve used it before and really like it.

I can’t get a good picture of the second one.


It had ripples because of the way it was hanging, and that made it look like the piecing was crooked. I know it wasn’t crooked because I kept it even when I quilted it.
You can see my line markers in the picture above.

Anyway, they are both done, and I am ready to make some progress on the charity quilts. I went through the bag Janice returned to me, and there was some reject fabric in there she said she couldn’t do anything with.


Not very inspiring. I did cull two pieces that are really shear and almost feel like nylon.

We are working with donated fabrics, and I understand it’s not everyone’s taste, but those two shouldn’t have made the cut to begin with. I really didn’t want to pay quilt shop prices to find something to go with the seven I deemed good enough to use, so I went to Walmart. I got several pieces there that I can add to the mix and hopefully get seven more quilts made. 

Some are two yard cuts since I can use the same colors in more than one quilt and also make pillow cases. They were $4.44 per yard, and the quality is actually not bad. In fact, they are a lot better quality than the ones I got from Joann’s. Speaking of that, I found some of the black and white dot at Walmart so I can proceed with the top I cut out a couple of days ago.


I will do that one first since the rest of it is already cut, and then I’ll go from there. I will be busy for a little while with all of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment