Sunday, July 31, 2022

Quilt Show Sampler Store

 Most of my Saturday consisted of this:


Isn't that a beautiful quilt? it is one of four that Rhonda dropped off last week -- or was it the week before? I think I have lost track of time again. When I wasn't quilting, I was trying to think of things to sew for the Sampler "Store" at the September quilt show. I thought I knew what I was going to do, but someone at the guild meeting had mentioned that table runners do well, especially if they have a holiday theme. Okay, I can do that. I know I had saved a photo somewhere of an easy table runner, but I couldn't find it in my files, so I just started sewing from what I can remember. I am making six of these blocks:

I couldn't quite remember how they go together, so I looked some more and finally found the picture in my phone.


My strip measurements will be a little different, but that will be okay. I also looked through some unfinished projects I had stored away and found this runner.

I don't know if I will quilt and donate this one, or make another and keep this one as a prototype. Anyway, I at least have a start on it and should be able to get two quilted by the end of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment