Thursday, December 8, 2022

Cowboy Quilt

I have been working on a quilt for a customer. It is called "Cowboy Bill". At least, that is what she calls it. 

It took me about three days to get it finished, but that includes ironing the back and to top, and all the basting. Besides which, I didn't really push it. I went home early yesterday because my back was hurting, so....... Anyway, it is a really big quilt. I was struggling to get a good picture of it. 


She is making quilts for her grandchildren; they must have really large beds. She actually makes a big one and a smaller version of the same pattern. I still need to quilt the small one. That will most likely be tomorrow. It won't take as long. 

Every row has a cowboy wearing chicken print pants. Did you see it?

I thought it was pretty cute. One thing I am so grateful for: my machine had no problems with the really thick applique. 

I'm pretty sure this was heat 'n bond, and not the lightweight one. There were several layers in places. My old machine would have had a hissy fit over the thickness, but this one handled it with no broken thread or skipped stitches. 

1 comment:

  1. What a hoot - a cowboy quilt! Glad you are not having issues with quilting it.

    ReplyDelete