Monday, December 5, 2022

Stitching Progress

Lots of cross stitching happening here. I was debating over the mistake on the border of this one:

I finally decided to just bit the bullet and redo it. I'm pretty sure I wasn't going to be happy with it if I didn't. I got it redone, plus a lot more. 

I started thinking about making another one in a different color. I looked online and found this chart:
I ordered it and also ordered some beige aida, but didn't order the thread. I'm not sure about the blue and was thinking of using something else. I don't know what though, so I may just go with blue. The DMC is easy to get--I can get it at Hobby Lobby once I decide on the color. 

Jo Kramer is having a stitch-along starting in January. Details here. I gave in and ordered the kit, then I regretted it, and now that I have received it, I'm glad I got it. It will give me something new to look forward to after the first of the year. It is Black Dog Sampler from Scarlett House.

I ordered the 14-count Aida, and there aren't many thread colors, so I think it will be easy. 

Something else I discovered: remember when I was getting injections for my trigger finger (middle finger on left hand)?

After several days of doing lots of cross stitch, it is back with a vengeance. Turns out gripping the cross stitch fabric with my left hand while I stitch with the right is causing this. I hadn't cross stitched in years and just returned to it a couple of years ago. I have been having the trigger finger issues for about a year now. Who knew? I may have to pace myself on how much I do, or I will have to break down and do the surgery. 

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried a lap frame? Takes some getting used to but it should eliminate the stress on your left hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I hadn’t thought of that. I will order one and try it.

      Delete