Friday, December 16, 2022

One Done and One to Go


I got finished with the memory quilt I was working on…..well, all except for the binding. I quilted the front with Glide Tabiz orchid, and the back is done with Glide lilac. 

I couldn’t get a very good picture of the back that showed the true color. It truly is lilac. 

I’m so pleased with the hummingbird pattern; I think it adds a lot without being too fussy. After I got this one trimmed, I got busy with the second one. I had most of the fusing done, but I needed to cut out the “bricks” and get them laid out. This is what I have:

I may need to move a few of these around. I would like to get everything sewed together tomorrow. I auditioned a few borders and think I have decided on the gray.

My first thought was navy blue. There is a lot of navy in this one, but they are all pretty much different shades, so I think the gray would be the best bet. 

Tomorrow is Bill’s memorial service. It’s doubtful that I will be doing a blog post tomorrow or Sunday. Sunday is Christmas with Bill’s  kids and grandkids. I just need to get through the weekend as best I can. I’m trying to hold it together enough that I don’t ruin Christmas for everyone. I will say that things are getting a little better, but I can see the weekend being a challenge. 


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciate the prayers.

      Delete
  2. I meant to comment on your memory quilt in my last comment, it is beautiful and amazing at how quickly you got it put together. Love the hummingbird quilting. I am praying for you today and for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete