Monday, December 19, 2022

No Sewing Here

I didn’t expect to have any sewing time over the weekend, and sure enough, I didn’t. I have my UFO lists printed out for 2023, but I still need to fill in the blanks for what I want to work on. 

I also want to tally up the 2022 UFO list and see what I got accomplished. 

Other than not sewing, I did get some cross stitching done.


I’m close to the end on this one. I should have it done within the next day or two. I need to make a trip to Hobby Lobby today and pick up some silica gel, and I may look for some embroidery thread for the next sampler project. This is the wreath we had for Bill’s urn.


I pulled some of the flowers out and put them in some water. I’m going to try and preserve them in silica gel. I’ve had mixed results with that, so I’m just hoping for the best. If it doesn’t work out, I will try to find some similar-looking silk ones. I want to make a couple of shadow boxes for the girls with a picture of Bill and some of the flowers.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful wreath. I love your idea for the flowers. You are doing great on your cross stitch! My thoughts are with you this Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments.

      Delete