Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Decorating and Staying Busy

 First off, I did remember to take a picture of the smaller cowboy quilt. Here it is: 


It is 45" x 50", so a nice size baby quilt. It is two blocks with the chicken print. I think it's pretty funny. 

I was going to put my pink ceramic Christmas tree in my shop, but I can't find the star that goes on the top. Oh well, Walmart to the rescue: I was in there the other day and found this flamingo:

It's not a tree, but it is pink, and it is Christmasy so I bought it. I also hung up the wreath I found.

That's enough decorating for the shop. Not too many people are coming by, although I still have a couple of customer quilts waiting to be picked up. Last time I went to Aldis, I found this lantern:

I put it on the hearth at my house. It was only $8.99, but of course it didn't come with the candle, so I had to buy that too. I like it though. Someone brought me some poinsettias, and I also have those on the hearth. It's not a lot, but it's enough. I don't really want to put up a tree and then have the chore of taking it down and putting everything away, so I am keeping it as low key as possible without looking like a total grinch. 

I went to church on Sunday, and that was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I think I cried through the entire service, and I haven't totally stopped yet. The things Bill and I always did together are the hardest.....but, I can't just seal myself up in the house. I am a person who needs to be around other people--not at all a loner or an introvert. But, I am trying to take it one step at a time. I met with my Pastor today, and she gave me some books on grief. One she particularly recommended is called Good Grief by Granger Westberg. It is a small book, and I am trying to read just a little at a time instead of speeding through it. 

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your lil cowboy quilt! A young buckaroo will cherish it! This is my 4th Christmas without hubby, still hard, but we made good memories and glad we were part of each other’s stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such an encouraging comment. Bill and I truly had a wonderful life together, and I am grateful for that.

      Delete
  2. The cowboy quilt is a hoot - and lol on the flamingo! Although I haven't lost my husband, I do understand about getting out and about. There was a dark time in our lives when my husband and I were apart for a time, and I used to cry in the grocery store, especially if a meaningful song was playing. I read back through some of your older posts, and you and Bill seemed to have a really loving relationship. That grief book has a great title!

    ReplyDelete