Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Quilting Day

I quilted most of the day Monday.....that is usually a day I don't go to my shop. I stay home and clean house, buy groceries, run errands.....all the boring stuff. I wanted to finish the quilt I had on the frame though. 

It doesn't look that big in the picture, but it is 86" x 102". This particular customer needs it for her great-granddaughter's wedding which is coming up soon, and I want to make sure she has time to get the binding done. The photos don't show the colors that well (as usual).


I really don't love it when they choose a solid white back and then want a colored bobbin thread. Any little wobble or blip will show. I generally just grit my teeth and hope for the best, and so far, everything has been fine. 

I bought a new universal remote to replace the one my bad doggies chewed up.

I kind of like the gold color. I can't say if the dogs are any better or not. I am trying to spend more time outside playing ball and doing the agility runs with them. I figure if I can keep them tired out it will be helpful. Of course, it tires me out too which is also helpful. 

I went to Dillards Friday to get some funeral-appropriate clothing and saw this:

The jeans are not funeral appropriate, but they are definitely more my style. I don't think I will be paying $119.00 though. I most likely have some of that wide trim (or two narrower pieces that I can sew together) and can make my own. Yes, that's the way my brain works.

1 comment:

  1. $119!! Wow, maybe you should make some and sell them on Etsy. :D The customer quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete