Monday, December 26, 2022

Keyhole Quilt

 I finally got this top done. 

I took more time with this than I should have…..I was trying to get a border that I was satisfied with, and of course, I wanted it big enough to increase the size. This was a deviation from the original pattern, but you know the saying, “Finished is better than perfect.” And, at this point, I knew I just wanted to get the borders on and move one. It has been moved to the “ready to be quilted” stack, and will most likely go on my 2023 UFO list.

I have a purple metallic print in my stash that I think will work for binding


and I have some lavender fabric I can use for the backing. I should probably go ahead and get all of that cut and ready to go, but no promises on that. 

I like this quilt pattern, and I wouldn’t mind trying it in a different fabric line. Here is a link to the tutorial if you are interested.

4 comments:

  1. This turned out very pretty, and I think that purple metallic will look great as binding. I actually said "Finished is better than perfect" last week as I finished up a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and, yes, finished is definitely the goal these days!

      Delete
  2. It's very cheerful and wintery! I love the no-triangles too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It goes together pretty fast, and I am thinking seriously about making another one.

      Delete