Saturday, December 3, 2022

Some Quilting

I still haven't been in the mood to sew, but I am trying to stay busy. I am also tired of cleaning house. The stress-cleaning was nice for a while, but a little of that goes a long way with me. I headed up to my shop today and got a quilt loaded.

I am two rows in and find it very comforting. When I first learned we would be in San Antonio for an indefinite period, I had called my customers to let them know I didn't know what my schedule was going to be like, and that I could make arrangements to get their tops back to them if they wanted to take them somewhere else. One lady needed hers for an early Christmas gift so she picked it up, but everyone else said they would rather I do them, even if it meant a long wait. Right now, I think it will be a blessing to have plenty to do over the holidays. 

I also stopped at the quilt shop this morning. It was a little emotional, but not too bad. They are having a shop hop with mug rug kits, and I wanted one of these:


I ended up buying three of them--the other two are for friends who quilt. 

5 comments:

  1. I know it is comforting yet painful at the same time to get back into normal rhythms. Good luck with your quilts, and that is a cute little mug rug kit. Are people bringing you lots of casseroles? I'm continuing to pray for your peace of mind and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a normal routine is comforting. As for casseroles, not too many, but still lots of food—cakes and pies, ham&cheese kolaches, soup, sandwich fixings. I froze two of the casseroles and a pie for later as I have more than I can eat right now.

      Delete
  2. I am so glad that you found some solace in quilting! I have a friend who lost her husband last spring. It took her a while, but she joined a grief based Bible study. She said it helped her so much. It also helped to be with others who had suffered a loss. I absolutely love the little mug rug kit! I live just north of SA, so Texas themed projects grab my eye. Would you mind sharing the shop name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Quilters Patch in Victoria, Texas. They close at 2pm today. I can go and pick one up for you and mail it if you would like.

      Delete
    2. I called them and they were able to send me three kits! Thank you for your kind offer!

      Delete