Thursday, December 29, 2022

Scrappy Trips

I was reviewing my 2022 UFO list yesterday and noticed I hadn't done anything with the December entry.

Another Scrappy Trips quilt......I have made several because they are great for using up oddball 2-1/2" strips.


The good thing is that I am in between projects for the next few days; the bad thing is that I don't have a back made for it. I pulled out a bolt of dark red....it's 45" width, so I had to piece it to get a back that is big enough. I little while later, I had it loaded and ready to go.

I picked out a pretty dense quilt pattern which I thought would work better for all those seams. I had the hardest time deciding on a thread color and finally went with Glide lead gray. It looks okay, but I sort of wish I had gone with a more tan color. 

I don't love the dark gray on the lighter colors, although it's fine on the darker squares. That is always the challenge with really scrappy quilts though. 

I hope to have this off the frame and bound in time to cross it off my 2022 list. I think it is doable.

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to pick a color on scrappy quilts! I love that Scrappy Trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that it is done and off the frame, I think I can live with the dark gray.

      Delete