Saturday, December 10, 2022

What I’ve Been Working On

I finished the smaller cowboy quilt…..forgot to take pictures, but I was happy to be finished. I will be able to get a picture today if I remember. 

I took some time to review my 2022 goal progress and decided to go ahead and do something with the keyhole quilt. This is where I was:


I couldn’t locate the extra jelly roll pieces for the border….it should look like this:

I found some of the extra pieces, but my quick calculations let me know it wasn’t going to be enough. I decided to just go ahead and be done with it. I already had some extra from the fabric line for an outer border, and I used the lighter turquoise for an inner border.

The light is not good in my house, but it is great in my shop, and I noticed the fabric I had saved for the outer border has a navy background instead of a black background. Not good. This fabric line is from maybe 1-2 years ago, so I don’t think I can get more. I also don’t want to invest more dollars or time into it, so I will finish with the navy fabric and get it quilted. I don’t love the quilt, and I just want to be done. Once it’s finished, that’s another I can check off my UFO list.

Im just happy to be sewing after a three-week break. My daughter came over and used my templates to cut some bowl cozy pieces. I’ll be excited to see what she makes.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes done is better than buying more fabric! I really like your colors, and the pattern is neat. Glad you and your daughter are finding time to sew together. Hope you are doing well and find enjoyment in your weekend.

    ReplyDelete